Georg Maas mainly works as a writer/director for feature films and documentaries.
He also directed music videos, created video installations and works as a cameraman, editor and script doctor.
You can download his CV and an overview on his work here:
- 1960born in Aachen
- 1979Abitur (university entrance diploma)
- 1979 – 1982Apprenticeship as a carpenter, journeyman’s diploma
- 1982 – 1984Work with youths in a center for homeless people
- 1984 – 1991Student at the German Film and Television Academy Berlin (DFFB)
- 1994 Seminars at the European Film Academy: ”Acting in Close Ups” lead by Istvàn Szabo and Tilda Swinton; ”Six Actors In Search For A Director” lead by Krzysztof Kieslowski
- 1997Co-founder of S.R.A.L (Actors – Directors – Authors – Laboratory)
- 2000Seminar with Wojciech Marczewski: ”Ways Of Seeing Actors” (organized by FOCAL and Master School Drehbuch)
- 2003Step by Step – Screenwriting Master Class in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 2006EKRAN Masterclass of Film Directing at the Andrej Wajda Film School in Warzawa